Photography is much more than the act of clicking a button. It's a process that starts before you pick up the camera and can finish well after the moment of capture. To take better photos you need to understand the process and what you need to do at different stages. Getting Started in Photography is a four-week course that introduces you to the world of photography and the photographic process.
Week one (evening)
- how to care for your camera
- the basics of composition and lighting
- how to get your subject correctly in focus
Week two (evening)
- correct exposure
- exposure controls - what they do and how to use them creatively
- white balance selection
- how to use the cameras light meter
- introduction to flash
Week three (weekend - full day)
- a full day practical shooting on location with exercises that reinforce what you have learned and create some great photos.
Week four (evening)
- introduction to post processing (Photoshop, Lightroom and other programs)
- The difference between raw and jpeg files
- basic adjustments of colour, contrast and brightness
- Localised adjustments and creative adjustment
At the end of the course you will have a great understanding of photography fundamentals on which you can continue to build with experience. Classes can be booked individually or you can book the full course ticket and save.